05/05/2011 10:25 PM ET
Dedication of Fath Field at Oskamp Park scheduled for Saturday
CINCINNATI (May 5, 2011) -- A baseball field renovation project at Oskamp Park in Westwood will be dedicated as "Fath Field" on Saturday, May 7 at 10:15 a.m.
The joint project between the Reds Community Fund and the Cincinnati Recreation Commission features new dugouts, bleacher seating and other improvements. The project also includes a monument behind home plate recognizing Harry Fath, Cincinnati businessman, philanthropist and Reds shareholder.
Oskamp's field #3 will now be known as "Fath Field."
This popular park in the heart of Western Hills is one of the busiest in the city and is home to baseball and softball teams from Covedale, Price Hill, Cheviot and Westwood.
Mr. Fath's involvement in the community include trustee positions with the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati Opera, Catholic Inner-City Schools Education (CISE), Boys Hope/Girls Hope Advisory Board and many more.
Representatives from the Cincinnati Reds, City of Cincinnati and Cincinnati Recreation Commission are scheduled to attend, including:
- Bob Castellini (President and CEO, Cincinnati Reds)
- Phil Castellini (COO, Cincinnati Reds)
- Roxanne Qualls (Vice Mayor, City of Cincinnati)
- Chris Nelms (board member, Cincinnati Recreation Commission)
- Chris Welsh (current Reds broadcaster and former Reds pitcher)
- Charley Frank (director, Reds Community Fund)
Fath Field Dedication
Saturday, May 7, 2011
10:15 to 10:45 a.m.
5644 Glenway Ave.
Westwood, Ohio, 45238