Dodgers Press Release
Dodgers add another fan travel option-- hop on the Rally Bus to Dodger Stadium
LOS ANGELES - With record crowds expected at the outset of the Los Angeles Dodgers' 2014 National League season, the Dodgers focused on improving vehicular and pedestrian access.
With still half the season remaining, the Dodgers are supporting another alternative for Dodger fans to get the stadium-the Rally Bus. It's the fun and easy way to get in and out of Dodger Stadium and will run over the next two homestand, a four-game series with the San Diego Padres on Thursday, July 10, Friday, July 11, Saturday, July 12 and Sunday, July 13; and an eight game home stand featuring the Atlanta Braves, Chicago Cubs and Los Angeles of Anaheim starting July 29.
Major League Bus will be offering round-trip travel from Anaheim, Burbank, Carson, City of Commerce, Duarte, Glendale, Long Beach, Monterey Park, Ontario, Pasadena, Santa Clarita, Santa Fe Springs, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, South Los Angeles, Sun Valley, Thousand Oaks, West Covina, Westwood and Woodland Hills. For additional Rally Bus locations, pricing and schedules, call 855-725-5928 or visit www.dodgers.majorleaguebus.com.
"The Dodgers are excited to get behind MajorLeagueBus.com, who are offering another fan friendly option to get to and from Dodger Stadium," said Dodgers' Senior Vice-President of External Affairs, Renata Simril. "Fans can leave the driving to the Rally Bus team and included in the price of the ride, fans will receive a $10 Sports Authority gift card. Not only is this a great value, it's a fun and easy experience as well."
MajorLeagueBus.com was created for ease of use that also benefits a green and sustainable environmental impact by taking as many as 20-30 cars off the road per busload of fans. Buses also access Bus Express Lanes where applicable. Passengers often enjoy direct access to stadiums allowing a hassle free driving experience. With drop off and pick up locations right next to the stadium, parking hassles are no longer an issue.
MajorLeagueBus.com will join the other alternatives the Dodgers have offered fans including:
- The Dodger Stadium Express, a complimentary shuttle service from Union Station in downtown Los Angeles to Dodger Stadium. This service has the benefit of enjoying a dedicated bus lane on Sunset Blvd. from Union Station to Elysian Park Avenue. Shuttle will operate 90 minutes before the game and 45 minutes after the game.
- Fans can park at Union Station for $6 and take the Dodger Stadium Express free with a ticket. The Dodger Stadium Express will have two stops in 2014-behind the pavilions and at the Top Deck, Lot P.
- Fans can use the Dodger Stadium Express for free with a Dodger ticket or one-way travel is $1.50.
- The Dodgers also encourage use of MTA buses on Sunset Blvd. as well as using the Gold Line in Chinatown.
- The Dodgers have the #2 and #4 buses available from the redline station in Hollywood that will operate to the Dodger Stadium entrance.
- Metro operates the Metro Gold Line from East Los Angeles to Pasadena.
- The Metro Red/Purple subway lines operate from Wilshire/Western and North Hollywood to downtown.
- The Metro Green Line operates between Norwalk and El Segundo and intersects with the Metro Blue Line operating between Long Beach and downtown Los Angeles.
- Metrolink and Amtrak trains are available and Metro operates many bus lines that serve Union Station where patrons can easily transfer to the Dodger Stadium Express. During the Freeway Series with the Angels, take Metrolink from Orange County to Union Station and then ride the Express to the stadium.
- The Dodgers' main entrance, Sunset Blvd. Gate A, along Elysian Park Avenue, features a dedicated pedestrian entrance with new lighting in an effort to encourage fans to utilize parking lots 13 and 14 along Stadium Way and the Number 2 and 4 buses along Sunset Blvd.
- The Dodgers also will have dedicated pedestrian walkways and bicycle lanes (and additional bicycle racks) leading into the entrances formerly designed for autos only.
Fans are encouraged to use the many transportation alternatives that serve Union Station and that will connect them to the new Dodger Stadium Express. For specific route and schedule information fans can visit www.metro.net or call 323.GO.METRO. Tickets can be purchased by visiting www.dodgers.com/tickets or by calling 323-DODGERS.