Phillies Press Release
This Weekend at Citizens Bank Park, September 6-8
Cabrini College Knit Cap Night, Miss America & Contestants, Phillies Royal Tea Party, Goya Latino Family Celebration & Food Drive, NJEA Ben Revere Growth Chart, Phillies Charities 50/50 Raffle & more!
FRIDAY: 7:05 p.m. … Ashburn Alley - 4:35 p.m.; Other gates - 5:35 p.m. … Broadcast: CSN, Talk Radio 1210 WPHT, SportsRadio 94WIP, SAP (Spanish), WOGL HD4 (Spanish) and WTTM 1680 AM (Spanish).
- Dual Events at Sports Complex: Fans should note that there is a Women of Faith event at 7:00 p.m. at the Wells Fargo Center and should allow for extra travel time.
- Cabrini College Knit Cap Night for all fans 15 and over.
- First Ball: Denny Kuesel, representing Cabrini College.
- National Anthem: Cabrini College Chorus directed by Dr. Adeline Bethany.
- 5th Inning Dance with the Phanatic and Cabrini College Dance Team.
- Phillies Extraordinary Scholars presented by Cabrini College: Deb Takes, Interim President of Cabrini College, will honor Julia Halbherr, Little Flower Catholic High School for Girls in Philadelphia, Pa., and Ryan Lennon, Holy Ghost Preparatory School in Bensalem, PA, with a plaque.
- Miss America Contestants take to the field: In celebration of The Miss America Pageant and its return to New Jersey and the Atlantic City Boardwalk, all 53 Miss America contestants and the crowned Miss America Mallory Hagan will be introduced on-field prior to the game. Plus, several contestants will sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" after the 7th inning.
- Phillies Royal Tea Party featuring Miss America 2013: Young princesses are invited to dress to impress at this special pregame tent party, featuring an appearance by Miss America Mallory Hagan, dance party with Radio Disney, and special appearances by the Phillies Ballgirls and Phoebe Phanatic. Also, every child will receive a Phillies tiara and wand. Tickets are still available to this private event at www.phillies.com/themenights.
- PROACT (PA Recovery Organization - Achieving Community Together) Night.
- First ball: Jackie Ferrer, Recovery Walk team Captain Donation Champion.
- Phillies Charities 50/50 Raffle. One lucky winner will take home a cash prize. Takes place all weekend.
- Player Ticket Program: Kendricks Krew - Bancroft School.
SATURDAY: 7:05 p.m. … Ashburn Alley - 4:35 p.m.; Other gates - 5:05 p.m. … Broadcast: CSN, Talk Radio 1210 WPHT, SportsRadio 94WIP, SAP (Spanish) and WOGL HD4 (Spanish).
- Goya Latino Family Celebration & Food Drive in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Entrance gates: Fans will be treated to Latin music thanks to local DJs.
- Food with Latin Flavor: Behind Section 142, provided by Goya Foods.
- Prior to the game: Carlos Ruiz will host "Chooch's Chicos" and meet with children from APM, Asociación Puertorriqueños en Marcha.
- 5th Inning: Kids con Estillo dances with the Phanatic.
- 7th Inning: Fuego Dance Company dances with the Phanatic.
- Special Welcome: Psychiatric Rehab Awareness Night.
SUNDAY: 1:35 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley - 11:05 a.m.; Other gates - 11:35 a.m. … Broadcast: PHL 17, Talk Radio 1210 WPHT, SportsRadio 94WIP, SAP (Spanish) and WOGL HD4 (Spanish).
- New Jersey Education Association Ben Revere Growth Chart for fans 14 and under.
- First Ball: Wendell Steinhauer, president, New Jersey Education Association.
- Special Recognition: Winners of the NJEA "Who Helps Me Grow" essay contest, Ethan Levine (Seaview Elementary School, Linwood, NJ) and Alexandra Robinson (Dennis Township Middle School, Dennsville, NJ), will be honored prior to the game.
- Special Welcome: Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy.
- Phillies Charities Jersey Sale: First Base Plaza, 11:35 a.m. - 3:05 p.m.
- National Anthem: Westminster Presbyterian Church Youth Choir from West Chester, PA directed by Robert Morris.
Tickets: Fans can purchase tickets at phillies.com, by calling 215-463-1000 or in-person at the First and Third Base Gate Ticket Windows as well as the Ticket Kiosks (24/7).
Traffic: Motorists are reminded they can log on to www.511pa.com, www.511nj.org or call 511 from any phone before or after the game to check traffic conditions on major highways surrounding the Sports Complex. A vast option of transit services is also available; for a SEPTA schedule please visit www.septa.org.
Social Media: Fans can follow the action before and during the game on www.facebook.com/phillies and via Twitter: @phillies, also featuring in-game "tweet your ticket" and other special opportunities - just for phollowers!
Extra! Extra! The 2013 Phillies Yearbook and Issue 6 of the 2013 Phillies Magazine, featuring Chase Utley, are available at the Majestic Clubhouse Store or ballpark NewsStands.