The Junior Twins program provides youth baseball and softball organizations in the Upper Midwest with monetary grants (up to $5,000) and resources they need to promote their league and recruit new participants, as well as train coaches, purchase necessary equipment, and administer their league.
The Junior Twins Program will be administered by the Minnesota Twins Community Fund staff who review all requests, pay grants, work closely with grantee organizations to ensure that guidelines are followed and maintain all program records.
Matching Grant Size/Purpose
Organizations who receive a grant will become a Junior Twins organization for a three-year period. Junior Twins Teams will receive:
- Up to $5,000 in grant money. These funds can be spent over the three-year period, with at least 60 percent of funds applied towards marketing and recruitment of players, coaches, and umpires. The remaining funds can be spent on marketing, equipment, uniforms, transportation, and player scholarships.
- Junior Twins logo to screen or somehow affix to each player's jersey over the course of the three years
- A marketing guide for organizations to use for recruitment, including templates for direct mail campaigns, e-communications, and signage
- Tickets to a Twins home game for Junior Twins players and coaches (there will be a limit on tickets per organization)
- Supplemental resources for both players and coaches
- Access to the Positive Coaching Alliance's "Development Zone" and Major League Baseball's "Play Ball" app
- Discounted coaching workshop prices
The program is open to any independent Upper Midwest nonprofit organization, educational organization or local government unit that operates youth baseball and/or softball programs.
Organizations must also be governed by active boards and have sufficient revenue to operate their leagues.
Applicants must complete the online application and submit other required documents. Final grant determinations will be made by the Twins Community Fund Board of Directors.
Application Due Date: March 6, 2017
Grant Determination/Notification: April 14, 2017