After further review of the specified high efficiency lights, it has been determined that additional testing of the Target Field stadium lights is needed.
• During the week of October 26, the sports lights were aimed and the light levels were measured. The night of October 26 was the first night of measurements. Lights were adjusted from these results, but no light levels were measured on Thursday, October 29 due to inclement weather. On Friday, October 30 the lights levels were again tested in marginal weather. Due to the fog/rain/sleet, the light levels were inconclusive in several areas of the field.
• Tuesday, November 10: All sports lights will be turned on at 6:00 p.m. and work will continue until as late as 5:00 a.m. the next morning. Light levels will be measured, some minor adjustments may still be necessary, etc. until the electrical engineer and the lighting manufacturer both certify that the light levels are acceptable.
• Wednesday, November 11: If the testing is not 100% complete on Tuesday evening, all sports lights will be turned on at 6:00 p.m. and will be turned off at 10:00 p.m.
• At some point in the next 2 weeks, Major League Baseball representatives will be on site to review the lighting for final acceptance. The date has not been determined, but all sports lights would be turned on at 6:00 p.m. and would be turned off by 10:00 p.m.
• The only variable outside of the project team's control is weather. Current forecasts look favorable for this plan – if weather causes any rescheduling we will send out an update.